Monarchs sign three players to AHL deals
The Manchester Monarchs, the American Hockey League affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings, have signed right wing Sean Backman, left wing Hunter Bishop and defenseman Vincent LoVerde to AHL contracts, Monarchs Director of Hockey Operations Hubie McDonough announced Wednesday.
Backman, 27, recorded 39 points (18 goals) and 60 penalty minutes in 133 games with the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers during the last two seasons.
Backman spent four years at Yale University, where he registered 77 goals and 49 assists and 110 penalty minutes in 122 games. His sisters (Jaclyn and Alicia) are married to Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick and New York Islanders left wing Matt Moulson respectively.
Bishop, 25, split the 2012-13 season between three AHL teams — the Monarchs, the Rochester Americans and the Lake Erie Monsters — and the ECHL's South Carolina Stingrays. Bishop, a 6-foot, 196-pound native of Fairbanks, Alaska, recorded three goals and two assists and was whistled for 22 penalty minutes while he was with the Monarchs. He was held scoreless in one game with the Americans and three games with the Monsters.
LoVerde, 24, collected two goals and 11 assists and 30 penalty minutes in 51 games with the Monarchs last season. His plus-17 plus/minus rating tied for third on the Monarchs. Prior to joining Manchester, LoVerde collected 17 points (seven goals) and 15 penalty minutes in 27 games for the ECHL's Ontario Reign.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.