Community asked to stuff bus with school supplies
The Walmart Supercenter in Epping will hold a "Stuff a Bus" drive on Saturday with help from Epping Boy Scouts and Fire Department Explorers.
People are encouraged to drop off backpacks, pencils, pens, notebooks, crayons and other items that children can use at school.
The goal is to fill a mini bus provided by Seacoast Learning Collaborative with supplies.
"With school supplies I imagine it will be a lot of smaller items," said Cliff Cray, a committee member who works with Epping Boy Scouts and also serves as an advisor for the Epping Fire Explorers.
"It seems like there are a lot of kids who don't have what they need to have when they start school. The school can only supply so much," Cray said.
"It's amazing the amount of stuff people will donate when they find out it's for a good cause," Cray said.
"Some of the teachers even take out of their own pockets to buy the items," Book said.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.