Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Chester man to be sentenced Sept. 16 for sex assault of girl
Gary Britton, 60, will learn his sentence Sept. 16 once probation officials complete an investigation and recommend a state prison sentence.
Britton’s sentencing was initially set for Friday, but probation and parole officials said they needed more time to complete their report.
The prior conviction makes him eligible for a 20- to 40-year prison term on both sets of charges.
In May, Britton was convicted by a jury of sexually abusing the girl on an ongoing basis for four years starting in 1991 when she was 9. A week after being convicted in that case, he pleaded guilty to 10 counts of possession of child sexual abuse images found on his computer.
Britton was hit with an avalanche of charges stemming from the Sept. 22, 2011, search of his home computer.
Chester police obtained an arrest warrant and charged Britton with failing to register as a sex offender, and his landlord called police when he discovered child pornography in plain sight on the computer.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917