Home » News » Public Safety
YWCA meeting deals with security issues after deaths
The YWCA has come under question for security at its supervised visitation center, where Manchester resident Muni Savyon shot and killed his 9-year-old son and himself. Savyon, the subject of a restraining order because of threats he made against his wife, could only see his son during supervised visits.
Speaking before he attended the 6 p.m. meeting, Police Chief David Mara said he was invited and has not seen the new security plan.
He said a supervised visitation and child exchange center is needed in Manchester.
The Manchester YWCA received a three-year grant 2010 Safe Havens grant from the U.S. Justice Department for $185,000, as well as a one-year $25,000 grant, according to data supplied by the state Attorney General.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072