345 wins and counting
Plymouth football legend Lenahan to call it a career
Lenahan, 70, recently revealed that this season will be his last as Plymouth Regional High School's football coach and athletic director. He's in his 43rd year at each position.
Some of the numbers: Lenahan will enter the 2013 season with a career record of 345-69-1. Plymouth won its 19th state championship under Lenahan last season, when he guided the Bobcats to an undefeated season for the 13th time. Plymouth has strung together 46- and 57-game winning streaks with Lenahan on the sideline. The latter streak was the longest in the nation in 2010.
"The one thing that stands out to me about Chuck is his attention to detail and his organizational skills," longtime Plymouth assistant coach Chris Sanborn said. "There's no limit to the amount of time and effort he'll put in.
Lenahan, who is also known for his dry sense of humor, is currently a member of the NHIAA football committee. He said that's a position he may retain.
Lenahan grew up in Mechanic Falls, Maine, and graduated from Plymouth State University. He was inducted into the National High School Hall of Fame in June.
"It's a tremendous school and administration," Lenahan said. "I'll miss the relationships you have with the coaches and administrators. There's a lot of camaraderie there with the people you work with. One thing I've realized is how lucky I am to coach the kids that I have — that's what I'll miss the most.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats need to avoid the drama - 0
- Brady to suspicious Texan: Pats 'just played better' - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not half bad - 0
- Eagles’ Kelly amps up support for Foles - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way (again) - 0
- For Patriots, an imperfect victory over Houston - 0
- NH's Griffin settling into NFL with Texans - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Gap between Pats, Texans may not be so large - 0
- NFL Thanksgiving Roundup: Ravens outlast Steelers - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use