action:frontpage | category:NEWS07 | adString:N/A | zoneID:17

Home » News » Public Safety

August 23. 2013 11:20PM

Barn destroyed in Claremont fire

CLAREMONT — A burning pit too close to a barn caused a fire that destroyed a barn, small outbuilding and pickup truck at 456 Chestnut St., according to Fire Capt. Jeff Morin.

Morin said the fire was reported shortly before 6 p.m. Friday and was threatening to spread to neighboring properties. He said the property owner, Michael Cooke, did not have a burning permit for the fire pit he used to burn debris.

He said firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading to other properties and had it under control by 6:30 p.m. He estimated the fire caused about $60,000 worth of damage.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
Sorry, no question available

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events