Home » News » Public Safety
State police seek hit-and-run driver in Nashua motorcycle crash
New Hampshire State Police are investigating the crash that happened about 10:30 a.m. Thursday on the on-ramp for Exit 5.
Theodore Takacs, 78, of Nashua, was on his motorcycle, heading down the Exit 5 northbound on ramp to go onto the highway when witnesses said he was passed by a black Chevrolet SUV.
The SUV hit the motorcycle, which rolled over and ended up on the shoulder of the ramp.
Tackacs was ejected and suffered severe head injuries. He was transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua, but later taken by helicopter to a Boston area hospital for further treatment.
The SUV did not stop. Police are asking the public for help in locating it and the driver. The SUV should have scrape marks and paint transfer on its passenger side, according to state police.
Anyone with information about the crash should call Trooper L. Paul Lundt of Troop B in Bedford at 223-8668.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 11
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it