Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Bucs win on another Locke off-night
The need for runs intensified Thursday, when Conway, N.H.'s Jeff Locke took the mound. This is second-half Jeff Locke we're talking about, not the man who put up All-Star numbers through June but the one who struggled with his walk rate since the break.
The Pirates scored at least 10 runs for the sixth time this season and the first time since June 28 against the Milwaukee Brewers.
"I've pitched on the edge all season," said Locke, who noted that he hasn't changed his approach.
Jeanmar Gomez earned the win with three scoreless innings of relief.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Firefighters respond to fire at Somersworth home - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child