Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Bucs win on another Locke off-night
The need for runs intensified Thursday, when Conway, N.H.'s Jeff Locke took the mound. This is second-half Jeff Locke we're talking about, not the man who put up All-Star numbers through June but the one who struggled with his walk rate since the break.
The Pirates scored at least 10 runs for the sixth time this season and the first time since June 28 against the Milwaukee Brewers.
"I've pitched on the edge all season," said Locke, who noted that he hasn't changed his approach.
Jeanmar Gomez earned the win with three scoreless innings of relief.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 7
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up