Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Sox fall to Dodgers, now tied with Tampa atop AL East
Nolasco (10-9) surrendered two hits and did not walk a batter while striking out six in eight innings to improve to 4-0 in his last five starts.
Kenley Jansen retired the side in the ninth to secure his 22nd save.
Carl Crawford burned his former team with two hits, two stolen bases and a run scored for the Dodgers, who have won four in a row to push their lead in the National League West to 10 1/2 games over the Arizona Diamondbacks.
The Red Sox slipped into a tie with the Tampa Bay Rays for first place in the American League East.
Lackey (8-11) allowed three hits and did not walk a batter while pitching a complete game.
The right-hander retired the first nine hitters before Crawford singled leading off the fourth. Ramirez followed three batters later and drove an 0-1 fastball out to right-center to provide all the scoring.
Dustin Pedroia and Stephen Drew singled for Boston, which has dropped six of nine.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Los Angeles 1B Adrian Gonzalez, who went 0-for-3 with a strikeout, was facing the Red Sox for the first time since being traded to the Dodgers just under a year ago. ... Boston RHP Ryan Dempster, who is sitting out a five-game suspension for intentionally throwing at New York Yankees 3B Alex Rodriguez, is actually expected to get 11 days between starts as the team shuffles its rotation around upcoming off days. ... Beloved Dodgers announcer Vin Scully will return in 2014 for his 65th season with the team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 5
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 27
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 5
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
- Roger Simon: We should not be in Afghanistan next year - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: America in retreat, allies abandoned - 0
- Charles Lane: A Social Security fix that fixes nothing - 26
- Fergus Cullen: Baines and Bramante modernize education for the iTunes era - 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 9
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 1
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House partiesREADER COMMENTS: 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed