Meeting will seek input regarding cleanliness, safety of Sunrise Lake
A community meeting for year-round and seasonal residents has been scheduled to discuss Sunrise Lake in Middleton. (JOHN QUINN/Union Leader Correspondent)
The first Sunrise Lake Summit will be held Aug. 31 from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the Old Town Hall along King's Highway.
"Sunrise Lake is a major resource to the Town of Middleton and we need to continue as a community to keep it as clean and safe for all. Although our lake is in pretty good shape we do have some issues that we need to address," Mullen wrote in an e-mail invitation.
Louise Bourdeau, who moved to South Carolina but summers on Fox Road, said she'd be interested in listening to how fellow property owners and visitors plan to protect the lake — especially cleaning up the diapers, empty bait containers and trash they found at the fishing site.
On Friday, she enjoyed watching her grandsons, Robert Mitchell, 6, and his brother, Matthew Savoie, 9, both of Farmington, fish along Route 153. They all had concerns about keeping the lake safe for all.
During town meeting in March, residents overwhelmingly agreed to add $10,000 to the fund to fight exotic weed growth while accepting $2,400 in grant money. This money paid to treat the water and for divers to remove invasive plants this summer.
After state Department of Environmental Services officials used global positioning systems to locate the "Milfoil hotspots" Monday, Mullen said divers will return to focus on those areas in the end of September.
Mullen said some residents are concerned about how some boaters operate dangerously or drive too fast around the shallow lake which is full of kayaks, swimmers and rocks.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Speedway looks to attract more fans as NASCAR stars return to NH - 0
- Next to the fun park, a new seafood spot - 0
- A story to bring beer lovers pleasant dreams - 0
- Salem senior housing ordinance change proposed - 0
- New Boston students could be given option to attend Goffstown middle school - 0
- New Album 'WORLD ON FIRE' Released Today And Streaming On USA Today, appearances to follow - 0
- Whitefield artist's beadwork is a tribute to her Native American ancestry - 0
- Alice Cooper 'Raise The Dead – Live From Wacken' DVD out October 21 in North America via UDR Music - 0
- Joan Osborne & The Weight: Members of The Band in Plymouth next weekend - 0
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
A story to bring beer lovers pleasant dreams
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua