Greeley Park again eyed for Legacy Playground
Although the Board of Public Works is supporting Greeley Park, any major changes at the park would still need to be authorized by the Board of Aldermen, which will have the final say.
With more than $100,000 already raised to build Legacy Playground, organizers are hoping to have a location for the new play structure secured by the end of the summer.
“Their heart is set on Greeley Park,” Lozeau said of the organizers. While Lozeau acknowledged she is unsure whether she will ultimately support the newest site proposal at Greeley Park, she stressed it is worth exploring.
She did note that the land near the grills would be convenient since trees would not have to be removed, and parking and restroom facilities are already available. If this site was selected, she suggested that the old playground equipment on the other side be taken down, drainage problems corrected and additional trees planted.
Commissioner Timothy Lavoie said he is also pleased with the idea. Commissioner Tracy Pappas was the only board member who did not support pursuing Greeley Park as the future home. She was hoping to see a layout of what the facility would look like at a different site within the city.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nature Talks: the invasive plant species strike again - 0
- Survey says Manchester ranks fifth among nation's smartest communities - 0
- India gets 1st transgender television news anchor - 0
- Fans love their trucks: Pickup truck racing all the rage in Loudon - 1
- Fellowship a big part of the Loudon experience for race fans - 0
- UNO Pizzeria in Hudson plans cancer fundraiser - 0
- Farmington firefighters to don pink for fundraiser - 0
- 5K honors city teen who died from cancer - 0
- Great North Woods, White Mountains foliage expected to hit peak next week - 0
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it