Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua resident identified as victim of fatal bike accident
NASHUA — Police have identified the woman who died when her bicycle collided with a UPS tractor-trailer Friday night as city resident Christine Reeves.
Reeves, 46, of Nashua, was riding her bike around 5:40 p.m. on Friday near Jiffy Lube on Amherst Street. Police say she was traveling along an accessway to Celina Avenue when she drove her bike into the side of the moving tractor-trailer.
“There appears to be no wrongdoing on the part of the (truck) driver. Unfortunately, it appears she was at fault,” Lt. Denis Linehan said of Reeves.
At the time of the collision, the truck was traveling on Celina Avenue toward Amherst Street. The truck driver was aware of the accident and stopped his vehicle to assist Reeves, according to Linehan, who said a second witness also stopped to provided aid until medics arrived.
“The injuries were significant,” he added.
Linehan did not release the name of the truck driver involved.
“We are trying to keep him out of this as best we can,” said Linehan, stressing the truck driver was not at fault. The driver and UPS have been cooperative in the investigation, he said.
Reeves was transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 9
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Havenstein says Christie backing a 'boost'