From reluctant participant to savvy Miss New Hampshire
During her reign, Russo said she has spent a lot of time helping others as she prepares for the Miss America pageant.
"I chose my platform because I've watched members of my family struggle with their tobacco addiction my entire life," Russo said. "I want to do everything in my power to educate our youth on the dangers of tobacco and how tobacco companies target them to become new users. Tobacco-related diseases are the number one cause of preventable deaths in New Hampshire, the United States, and the world."
During the two weeks, and especially during the competition itself, Russo said she is excited to have the support of her friends and family.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.