Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
AG to alert defense in 3 murder cases
Young has identified three murder cases in which Seusing testified over the years subsequent to being disciplined and will soon make the disclosure to defense counsel. She declined to name the defendants convicted in those cases, adding they could now seek post-conviction relief from the court. County Attorney LaFrance said she didn't know in how many cases Seusing may have testified at the county level.
LaFrance wouldn't say whether Seusing has been placed on the highly secretive "Laurie list" of law enforcement officers with potential credibility issues. But Associate Attorney General Young said "that's a reasonable assumption."
"If the attorney general is doing it (disclosing in past cases involving Seusing), why wouldn't county attorneys have to do the same?" Temple asked, adding that he thought a number of criminal cases could be affected.
"The fact that in 2013 we are only now looking at the failure of a department to disclose potential impeachment material to a defendant over a period of 25 years underscores the lapse in the current Laurie disclosure system," Moir said.
Pappas said the fact that a judge 25 years ago in a first-degree murder trial found Seusing's discipline "inconsequential" and not admissible was "a pretty strong indication how that judge felt."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917