Home » News » Public Safety
Man challenging evidence in boating death
Cable is accused of piloting his boat while intoxicated and causing his friend, Brendan Yerry, 28, of Hudson, to fall in the lake. Prosecutors said Yerry was struck by the boat’s drive and propeller, and had been straddling the boat’s bow or gunwales prior to falling.
Anderson said that Marine Patrol Officer Seth Alie had placed Cable in the back of a police cruiser, and was able to get Cable to talk by asking him how he was doing.
Anderson suggested that his client should have been read his rights and only spoke to Alie because the officer shared overcoming some of his own hardships in life.
Cable told the officer, “I want to kill myself, I have nothing to live for. Everyone is going to hate my. My girlfriend is going to leave me,” according to Blanchard.
“If Officer Alie did, in fact, ask (Cable) how he was doing, he should be commended,” Blanchard said in court papers. “Even more so if he attempted to ‘talk (him) off the ledge’ by distracting him with his own troubles.”
A judge has been scheduled to hear arguments Sept. 6 on the evidence. Cable is expected to go on trial the week of Dec. 16.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus