Home » News » Public Safety
Man challenging evidence in boating death
Cable is accused of piloting his boat while intoxicated and causing his friend, Brendan Yerry, 28, of Hudson, to fall in the lake. Prosecutors said Yerry was struck by the boat’s drive and propeller, and had been straddling the boat’s bow or gunwales prior to falling.
Anderson said that Marine Patrol Officer Seth Alie had placed Cable in the back of a police cruiser, and was able to get Cable to talk by asking him how he was doing.
Anderson suggested that his client should have been read his rights and only spoke to Alie because the officer shared overcoming some of his own hardships in life.
Cable told the officer, “I want to kill myself, I have nothing to live for. Everyone is going to hate my. My girlfriend is going to leave me,” according to Blanchard.
“If Officer Alie did, in fact, ask (Cable) how he was doing, he should be commended,” Blanchard said in court papers. “Even more so if he attempted to ‘talk (him) off the ledge’ by distracting him with his own troubles.”
A judge has been scheduled to hear arguments Sept. 6 on the evidence. Cable is expected to go on trial the week of Dec. 16.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire damages interior of home on Bypass 28 in Derry - 0
- He helps make the Londonderry police force stronger - 0
- Hampton Beach Fire makes new home official - 0
- Firefighters from 10 towns fight Loudon 3-alarm blaze - 0
- Mass. man rescued from Mt. Haystack in Franconia - 0
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072