Home » News » Public Safety
Wolfeboro chief heads region's fire chiefs group
Morrill is the fourth fire chief from Wolfeboro to serve as president of the association, a nonprofit professional organization dedicated to promoting more effective organization and functions of the firefighting service.
Former Wolfeboro chiefs that served as president include: Guy L. Foss and his brother, Charles "Zip" Foss, and Michael Howard.
Morrill has worked in the fire service for 38 years, the last nine as chief of the Wolfeboro Fire-Rescue Department. Previously, he served as its deputy chief and as lieutenant. He is also the town's emergency management director and forest fire warden.
He said the biggest responsibility as president of the NEAFC is working with members and officers on the annual Eastern States Exposition held in Springfield, Mass., in June 2014. The exposition includes vendors and suppliers, exhibits on the latest fire fighting technology, and professional development seminars. The association also raises and donates to nonprofit groups such as Shriners Hospitals.
Morrill, a Vietnam veteran, served for four years in the U.S. Marine Corps. He resides in Wolfeboro with his wife, Roxana.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 5
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name