Ian Clark's On Baseball: He's a tall order for any lineup
IF YOU want to get a look at the next big thing — literally and figuratively — in the way of Boston Red Sox pitching prospects then Tuesday night is the night.
Rated the No. 5 Red Sox prospect at the start of the season, 6-foot-6 left-hander Henry Owens will start for Portland Tuesday at 6:35 against the New Hampshire Fisher Cats at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium. One of the Fisher Cats top pitchers, Marcus Stroman (8-4), will toe the rubber against Owens.
"He blocks out all the noise. He does a real good job with that. His teammates love him and being around him. He's focused and he comes in with a plan every day," Boles said. "He's driven. He wants to become a major league pitcher and become a quality one."
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Hollis playground effort gains community support - 0
- Kid Zenith members working to make a difference - 0
- Family with special needs students struggles with move - 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 1
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man charged with driving 115 mph on I-93 - 0
- Charges upgraded against man who killed 2 in I-89 crash - 1
- Tilton police search for store robber - 0
- Busy Executive Council confirms judges, PUC commissioner, approves renewable energy grants - 1
- State declares "Air Quality Action Day" in Monadnock region - 0
- Hannaford opening in vacant Stop & Shop building in Exeter - 0
- Charlestown family hospitalized after fire - 0
- No bail for Keene McLeod murder case - 0
- Police identify victim of fatal Milford crash as Merrimack man - 0
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow
Dunbarton nixes man's poultry plan
Popular West High School official moved
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840