Ian Clark's On Baseball: He's a tall order for any lineup
IF YOU want to get a look at the next big thing — literally and figuratively — in the way of Boston Red Sox pitching prospects then Tuesday night is the night.
Rated the No. 5 Red Sox prospect at the start of the season, 6-foot-6 left-hander Henry Owens will start for Portland Tuesday at 6:35 against the New Hampshire Fisher Cats at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium. One of the Fisher Cats top pitchers, Marcus Stroman (8-4), will toe the rubber against Owens.
"He blocks out all the noise. He does a real good job with that. His teammates love him and being around him. He's focused and he comes in with a plan every day," Boles said. "He's driven. He wants to become a major league pitcher and become a quality one."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Inspiration personified: Plymouth State's Josh Morgan - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Rookie to the rescue - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
- Wildcats shut down Black Bears again - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840