Norovirus confirmed as what sickened Pawtuckaway campers
The camper who tested positive for the virus was among at least 20 campers who visited the state park over the weekend of Aug. 18 and Aug. 19 and suffered gastrointestinal symptoms.
Most norovirus outbreaks come from food, Montero said.
In response to the outbreak, the state Department of Environmental Services posted a "preemptive illness" advisory at the park for much of last week warning swimmers of potential illness, but the advisory was lifted Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former software engineer spices up her life - 0
- A good everyday drinking wine revisited - 0
- Pelham firefighters wearing pink for breast cancer awareness - 0
- Windham eyes development district with a small-town feel - 0
- Engineers win no-bid contract to continue contamination watch in Salem - 0
- Bedford planners give final OK to elderly housing development - 0
- Leading Manchester mental health advocate set to retire - 0
- Artistic life and legacy of Gerry Williams celebrated in Dunbarton - 0
- Smells like Halloween can't be far away - 0
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
A good everyday drinking wine revisited
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?