Norovirus confirmed as what sickened Pawtuckaway campers
The camper who tested positive for the virus was among at least 20 campers who visited the state park over the weekend of Aug. 18 and Aug. 19 and suffered gastrointestinal symptoms.
Most norovirus outbreaks come from food, Montero said.
In response to the outbreak, the state Department of Environmental Services posted a "preemptive illness" advisory at the park for much of last week warning swimmers of potential illness, but the advisory was lifted Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Climbing to new heights in North Country tourism - 0
- NH's teen pregnancy still lowest nationwide - 2
- Miss New Hampshire determined to bring home national crown - 0
- John Harrigan's Woods, Water & Wildlife: NH is eyeing Maine's bear hunting referendum - 0
- Food Bank director gets national honor - 0
- Checking out the classic rides at Cruising Downtown classic car show in Manchester - 0
- Seacoast stretching its tourist dollars - 0
- River of inspiration: The Merrimack drew Thoreau 175 years ago as it draws us today - 0
- Families First in Portsmouth offers parenting classes - 0
NH's teen pregnancy still lowest nationwide
Food Bank director gets national honor
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Amnesty? Garcia is against it
George Will: Paul Ryan's way forward