Norovirus confirmed as what sickened Pawtuckaway campers
The camper who tested positive for the virus was among at least 20 campers who visited the state park over the weekend of Aug. 18 and Aug. 19 and suffered gastrointestinal symptoms.
Most norovirus outbreaks come from food, Montero said.
In response to the outbreak, the state Department of Environmental Services posted a "preemptive illness" advisory at the park for much of last week warning swimmers of potential illness, but the advisory was lifted Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- What a genius does with $500,000; named a MacArthur Fellow - 0
- John Harrigan's Woods, Water & Wildlife: Mailbag is abuzz with bee, apple information - 0
- Highland Games at Loon cool time for brave hearts - 0
- At Loon, independence vote seen as doing Scotland proud - 0
- Unveiling judiciary history, retired NH chief justice's official portrait unveiled - 0
- NH preview of events beginning Sept. 21 - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Deer hunting vs. deer shooting - 0
- Libraries offer DVD on stuttering in nine NH public libraries - 0
- Family Resource Center in Nashua offers 'Nurturing Fathers' workshop - 0
NH preview of events beginning Sept. 21