Home » NewHampshire.com » Outdoors » Forests
Norovirus confirmed as what sickened Pawtuckaway campers
The camper who tested positive for the virus was among at least 20 campers who visited the state park over the weekend of Aug. 18 and Aug. 19 and suffered gastrointestinal symptoms.
Most norovirus outbreaks come from food, Montero said.
In response to the outbreak, the state Department of Environmental Services posted a "preemptive illness" advisory at the park for much of last week warning swimmers of potential illness, but the advisory was lifted Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wildlife Action Grants Available - 0
- The Wooten Brothers Bring the Funk to Plymouth - 0
- Picker Building artists find solitude stifling - 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner - 0
- Thank a Landowner Today - 0
- Registration Open for Free Winter Indoor Archery Leagues - Holderness - 0
- Amherst ready to celebrate season with tree lighting Friday - 0
- Bedford girl who loved ballet loses cancer battle - 0
- Bethlehem students prepare Trees for Troops - 0
Win tickets to see Monster Jam
Bedford Village Inn plans to add new hotel
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans