Norovirus confirmed as what sickened Pawtuckaway campers
The camper who tested positive for the virus was among at least 20 campers who visited the state park over the weekend of Aug. 18 and Aug. 19 and suffered gastrointestinal symptoms.
Most norovirus outbreaks come from food, Montero said.
In response to the outbreak, the state Department of Environmental Services posted a "preemptive illness" advisory at the park for much of last week warning swimmers of potential illness, but the advisory was lifted Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Seminar series offers guidance for new business owners - 0
- Salem Farmers Market organizers planning for big turnout - 0
- Paralympians to make unassisted wheelchair ascent Sunday of Mount Washington Auto Road - 0
- Officials say Derry road project won't affect Frost Farm - 0
- Rare dog returns home after missing for more than a week - 0
- Milford Rotary spearheads water, sanitation project to help Honduran families - 0
- Battling ALS, Concord High principal will stay on 'as long as I possibly can' - 0
- Vintage Racing event in Loudon - 0
- League of NH Craftsmen's Fair to feature more than 200 craft booths - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette, William Christie, Alan Cronheim and Benjamin Siracusa Hillman: Why voting in NH is not reserved for state residents
Market Basket customers mobilize
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Police held Abby suspect's guns
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it