Norovirus confirmed as what sickened Pawtuckaway campers
The camper who tested positive for the virus was among at least 20 campers who visited the state park over the weekend of Aug. 18 and Aug. 19 and suffered gastrointestinal symptoms.
Most norovirus outbreaks come from food, Montero said.
In response to the outbreak, the state Department of Environmental Services posted a "preemptive illness" advisory at the park for much of last week warning swimmers of potential illness, but the advisory was lifted Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nature Talks: the invasive plant species strike again - 0
- Survey says Manchester ranks fifth among nation's smartest communities - 0
- India gets 1st transgender television news anchor - 0
- Fans love their trucks: Pickup truck racing all the rage in Loudon - 1
- Fellowship a big part of the Loudon experience for race fans - 0
- UNO Pizzeria in Hudson plans cancer fundraiser - 0
- Farmington firefighters to don pink for fundraiser - 0
- 5K honors city teen who died from cancer - 0
- Great North Woods, White Mountains foliage expected to hit peak next week - 0
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it