Norovirus confirmed as what sickened Pawtuckaway campers
The camper who tested positive for the virus was among at least 20 campers who visited the state park over the weekend of Aug. 18 and Aug. 19 and suffered gastrointestinal symptoms.
Most norovirus outbreaks come from food, Montero said.
In response to the outbreak, the state Department of Environmental Services posted a "preemptive illness" advisory at the park for much of last week warning swimmers of potential illness, but the advisory was lifted Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Brews for the cold that’s on its way - 0
- Thanksgiving turkey goes underground - 0
- Great barbecue, and plenty of it - 0
- Friendship Dinner & Award Ceremony to be held at Manchester's Radisson Hotel - 0
- Susan Dromey Heeter's Down to Earth: From free events come great memories - 0
- Portsmouth events put a period on decorating - 0
- Derry Spinathon raises money 'To Give Good' to local organizations - 0
- Annual Fire Dept. Santa Tour is coming to Plaistow Dec. 21 - 0
- Making candy canes the old-fashioned way a sweet holiday tradition in Wilton - 0
Thanksgiving turkey goes underground
Great barbecue, and plenty of it
Brews for the cold that’s on its way
Weare students take on volunteer projects
NH's fishing industry staggered
Shaheen, Ayotte split on Keystone vote
Premiums drop, so do subsidies for Obamacare
King Obama: Creating a constitutional crisis
Former mayor makes pitch for commuter rail
VA wait times: They are still bad