Home » NewHampshire.com » Outdoors » Foliage
Norovirus confirmed as what sickened Pawtuckaway campers
The camper who tested positive for the virus was among at least 20 campers who visited the state park over the weekend of Aug. 18 and Aug. 19 and suffered gastrointestinal symptoms.
Most norovirus outbreaks come from food, Montero said.
In response to the outbreak, the state Department of Environmental Services posted a "preemptive illness" advisory at the park for much of last week warning swimmers of potential illness, but the advisory was lifted Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community ready to party like its 1814: 200th Gala Anniversary set for Sept. 27 - 0
- Peterborough children's author to be featured at Francestown Labor Day Celebration - 0
- White House honors Nashua teen for environmental stewardship - 0
- Building joint Salem public safety facility to be studied - 0
- Selectmen reduce non-resident registrations at senior center - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: October's on the shelves already - 0
- NH food & wine calendar, beginning Aug. 28 - 0
- Winners Announced for 10th Annual Hampton Beach Talent Competition - 0
- Crotched Mountain Accessible Recreation and Sports brings back adaptive shooting clinics - 0
Pinkerton community ready to party like its 1814: 200th Gala Anniversary set for Sept. 27
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate