Norovirus confirmed as what sickened Pawtuckaway campers
The camper who tested positive for the virus was among at least 20 campers who visited the state park over the weekend of Aug. 18 and Aug. 19 and suffered gastrointestinal symptoms.
Most norovirus outbreaks come from food, Montero said.
In response to the outbreak, the state Department of Environmental Services posted a "preemptive illness" advisory at the park for much of last week warning swimmers of potential illness, but the advisory was lifted Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island - 0
- Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser - 0
- Copper stolen from old Salem school - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Special nongame appeal to benefit terns research - 0
- Parade, Santa heading to city - 0
- Bedford homeowners make use of renewable energy - 0
- Festival of Trees lights up Exeter - 0
- Peterborough volunteers to revive Handel's Messiah - 0
- Plymouth readies for holiday fun - 0
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
Parade, Santa heading to city
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Copper stolen from old Salem school
Local singer finds his 'Voice' on hit show
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Casino for NH wins critical endorsement