Tainted water delays Hollis-Brookline High opening
School officials said efforts are now under way to complete the decontamination process and as it stands now, the plan is to hold the first full day of classes on Friday, with incoming freshmen to attend a half-day orientation on Thursday.
Since then, the school's water source has been tested periodically, though after one of the wells still tested positive for E. coli Monday afternoon, Superintendent Dr. John Moody said he was left with no choice but to delay the first day of school.
Matte said the school's water holding tanks have all been drained and the entire system was flushed with heavily chlorinated water to kill any resilient bacteria.
"We do apologize for any inconvenience we've caused for some families, but the safety of our students is our top priority," Matte said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand - 42
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 9
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 2
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
A chief walks: No charges in New London
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383