Home » News » Public Safety
Londonderry auto shop fire likely caused by smoking
Fire crews arrived at Emerald Isle Auto Sales, 214 Rockingham Road, shortly after 3 p.m., Chief Darren O’Brien said.
According to O'Brien, carelessly discarded smoking materials likely caused the fire.
On arrival, firefighters encountered flames at the front of the building extending through the front windows as well as a landscaped area in the front of the building.
The fire was contained within 10 minutes. Several people working inside the building had exited prior to firefighters' arrival and no one was injured. One front room sustained minor fire damage.
Derry and Manchester fire crews assisted at the scene, with Derry crews also providing station coverage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 7
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072