Home » News » Public Safety
Londonderry auto shop fire likely caused by smoking
Fire crews arrived at Emerald Isle Auto Sales, 214 Rockingham Road, shortly after 3 p.m., Chief Darren O’Brien said.
According to O'Brien, carelessly discarded smoking materials likely caused the fire.
On arrival, firefighters encountered flames at the front of the building extending through the front windows as well as a landscaped area in the front of the building.
The fire was contained within 10 minutes. Several people working inside the building had exited prior to firefighters' arrival and no one was injured. One front room sustained minor fire damage.
Derry and Manchester fire crews assisted at the scene, with Derry crews also providing station coverage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 12-hour effort needed to get Mass. hiker off Mt. Adams - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge was local woman - 0
- Woman gets speeding ticket, then crashes into guard rail - 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem