Victorino, Red Sox hammer Orioles
Victorino hit a two-run homer in the third inning, a three-run shot in the fifth and two-run double in the seventh.
Victorino hit the 100th and 101st homers of his career, his 10th and 11th of the season. Napoli hit his 17th of the year. Dustin Pedroia had three hits, including a two-run double, and Jacoby Ellsbury also had three hits in the blowout, the Red Sox's third straight win.
Tuesday's game opened a nine-game homestand for the Red Sox, who went 4-2 last week while visiting San Francisco and Los Angeles.
The Red Sox scored in the first inning when Victorino was hit by a pitch, moved to third on Pedroia's double and came home on a David Ortiz sacrifice fly.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- MCC students get hands-on experience building Manchester home - 0
- Manchester board holds off seeking $22m for building projects - 0
- Nashua survey reveals class sizes as major issue - 1
- Young teacher puts education in motion - 1
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 12
- Nashua school board approves changes in design, hospitality, music programs - 0
- Claremont seeks alternatives to demolishing Stevens High School stage - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 2
- Feds and state probe suspended county attorney's handling of funds - 3
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840