Merrimack Valley district begins superintendent search
This school year is the last for current Superintendent Mike Martin, who is retiring after serving 13 years in the district.
Meetings for the remaining communities will be announced after Sept. 5, officials said.
The meetings are designed to supplement the association’s recommended search criteria with ideas from residents on the qualities and attributes of a school superintendent, said Assistant Superintendent Chris Barry.
The school boards association has advised the district to spend adequate time developing a leadership profile for the next superintendent. It also said the pool of quality candidates is “shallow,” and told the school board it needs to market the school district effectively.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester teachers to hold 2nd contract vote following voting hours complaints - 15
- Alton educator selected as NH Teacher of the Year - 0
- USNH: Restore funding and we'll freeze tuition - 5
- Manchester, Hooksett will resume schools conversation - 2
- River Valley Community College planning for new president's inauguration - 0
- Singing a nationwide national anthem at St. Anselm College in Manchester - 0
- Manchester teachers union has contract concerns - 0
- Litchfield school superintendent surprised by board's decision - 0
- State, Lyndeborough agree on school bond repayment plan - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene man arrested in assault on 2-year-old - 0
- House upholds three Gov. Hassan vetoes, ends 2014 session - 0
- Police say woman, daughters robbed of their purses in Manchester motel parking lot - 0
- UNH math professor wins 2014 MacArthur Fellowship - 0
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 4
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 5
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Labor fines proposed on school project