Scott Brown to be keynote speaker at Lions Club dinner
Brown will speak at the Nashua Lions Club 90th anniversary dinner on Sept. 14 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
Brown is a member and past president of the Wrentham, Mass., Lions Club. He previously co-sponsored legislation along with Sen. Jerry Moran to authorize a commemorative coin for the Lions' 100th anniversary in 2017.
Brown shared his own struggles growing up in a broken family. His mother and father each married and divorced four times, and he was forced to live in 17 different homes by the time he had reached 18.
Since that speech, Brown has eluded speculation that he may be a possible presidential contender in 2016.
The Nashua Lions were chartered on Sept. 26, 1923, and are the second-oldest club in the state, according to a news release. Throughout that time, the organization has offered more than $1 million in eye care and services to residents.
John DiStaso's Granite Status
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Volunteers sought for discipline committees
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council