Home » News » Politics » Primary Plus
Scott Brown to be keynote speaker at Lions Club dinner
Brown will speak at the Nashua Lions Club 90th anniversary dinner on Sept. 14 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
Brown is a member and past president of the Wrentham, Mass., Lions Club. He previously co-sponsored legislation along with Sen. Jerry Moran to authorize a commemorative coin for the Lions' 100th anniversary in 2017.
Brown shared his own struggles growing up in a broken family. His mother and father each married and divorced four times, and he was forced to live in 17 different homes by the time he had reached 18.
Since that speech, Brown has eluded speculation that he may be a possible presidential contender in 2016.
The Nashua Lions were chartered on Sept. 26, 1923, and are the second-oldest club in the state, according to a news release. Throughout that time, the organization has offered more than $1 million in eye care and services to residents.
John DiStaso's Granite Status
READER COMMENTS: 10
- GOP political gathering was a party for many - 0
- GOP rally in Manchester fires up party faithful - 17
- Ayotte kicks off conservative political summit - 2
- Rand Paul offers his 'libertarian twist' on conservatism - 18
- SRO expected at 'Freedom Summit' - 2
- Scott Brown formally launches N.H. campaign for Senate - 44
- Hillary Clinton dodges shoe thrown at her during Las Vegas speech - 1
- Former Mass. Senator Brown comes out swinging on Obamacare as he launches N.H. campaign - 4
- Hillary Clinton blasts Putin, discusses 2016 in San Francisco - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan - 0
- Sen. Odell won't seek re-election - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 11
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 22
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 3
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election