PSNH works to repair underground lines
The town was among the first Granite State communities to require underground utilities in future developments, according to PSNH spokesman Elizabeth LaRocca.
That factor has no doubt contributed to the higher frequency of power outages in recent years, LaRocca said, though company officials are working hard to address the problem.
Complicating the matter further is the tendency for residents to attempt to screen the green transformer boxes on their property by spreading mulch and planting shrubbery around them.
LaRocca said the ultimate goal is to go the less-costly route of rejuvenating the existing cables rather than waiting for them to completely fail.
As of mid-August, work crews had completed replacement cable work at Fieldstone Drive in the Mountain Home Estates complex, as well as along Old Country Road and South Road in the Olde Country Village complex.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For most, no choice but to hit the roads for stormy holiday travel - 3
- Coast Guard issues weather warning to coastal boaters - 0
- Coast Guard issues weather warning to boaters - 0
- Man crushed by wind-felled tree in Laconia as powerful winds follow frigid air; thousands without power - 0
- Slick roads eyed for holiday - 0
- Granite Staters arrived in Philippines just after typhoon hit - 0
- Granite Staters fly out to Phillipines to help after typhoon - 0
- Strong winds cut power to thousands across New Hampshire - 0
- State acts to shore up Gorham dam - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans