PSNH works to repair underground lines
The town was among the first Granite State communities to require underground utilities in future developments, according to PSNH spokesman Elizabeth LaRocca.
That factor has no doubt contributed to the higher frequency of power outages in recent years, LaRocca said, though company officials are working hard to address the problem.
Complicating the matter further is the tendency for residents to attempt to screen the green transformer boxes on their property by spreading mulch and planting shrubbery around them.
LaRocca said the ultimate goal is to go the less-costly route of rejuvenating the existing cables rather than waiting for them to completely fail.
As of mid-August, work crews had completed replacement cable work at Fieldstone Drive in the Mountain Home Estates complex, as well as along Old Country Road and South Road in the Olde Country Village complex.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Seacoast digs out from more than a foot of snow - 0
- Snowfall totals in NH vary from 7 inches to more than a foot. - 0
- Manchester police say no major snow-related problems - 2
- Winter storm brings a foot of snow to most of NH - 0
- Slow down NH, and smell the snowplows - 4
- Keep it simple and be prepared for winter storm driving in NH - 0
- Storm packing heavy snow bears down on U.S. Midwest, Northeast - 0
- Manchester declares snow emergency for Saturday night - 1
- For Nashua's highway crews, it's ready, set, snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
Plaistow lawyer indicted in fatal boat crash
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos