Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats drop final home game to Portland, now one loss from playoff elimination
While the Trenton Thunder lost to New Britain, 4-1, in 13 innings on Thursday, the Fishers' loss pushed the magic number for Trenton to clinch a playoff berth to 1.
The Fisher Cats close the season on the road with four games at Binghamton.
Trailing 2-1 to open the third, New Hampshire's Andy Burns walked, stole second base and then scored on an Adam Loewen double. Kevin Nolan singled Loewen home to make it 3-2.
Keith Couch (11-3) got the win for Portland. Reliever Tyson Brummett (1-7) took the loss. Portland's J.C. Linares went 4-for-5 with two RBIs.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- I-293: A plan to make it better through Manchester - 4
- Dover’s winter parking ban begins Dec. 1 - 0
- Rockingham Road to reopen Wednesday - 0
- Manchester’s winter parking ban goes into effect Dec. 1 - 0
- Public gets look at new Sarah Long bridge - 1
- In Windham, I-93 work is loud and clear - 0
- Expect delays: Road work on Interstate 93, Route 28 scheduled for this week - 0
- Police warn drivers to watch out for deer on roadways - 0
- Merrimack ramp tolls will stay - 4
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 6
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up