Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Off-duty responders rescue alleged drunk driver from swamp
Officer Ralph McClellan said he was en route to his part-time job with the Lyndeborough Police Department, heading west on Route 101 in Amherst just after 2 p.m. on Thursday, when he watched a vehicle in front of him lose control.
The officer immediately stopped and rushed to help and found a woman semi-conscious in the overturned vehicle. The woman has been identified by Amherst police as Debbra Hebert, 44, of 14 Merrimack St. in Milford.
With the help of another off-duty emergency responder, firefighter James Moran of the Derry Fire Department, McClellan was able to cut the woman out of her seatbelt and was able to pull her from the vehicle.
The officer said he was traveling at around 50 mph and assumed Hebert was traveling at a similar rate of speed.
"You're there, you're trained, so you might as well help," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth