Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Off-duty responders rescue alleged drunk driver from swamp
Officer Ralph McClellan said he was en route to his part-time job with the Lyndeborough Police Department, heading west on Route 101 in Amherst just after 2 p.m. on Thursday, when he watched a vehicle in front of him lose control.
The officer immediately stopped and rushed to help and found a woman semi-conscious in the overturned vehicle. The woman has been identified by Amherst police as Debbra Hebert, 44, of 14 Merrimack St. in Milford.
With the help of another off-duty emergency responder, firefighter James Moran of the Derry Fire Department, McClellan was able to cut the woman out of her seatbelt and was able to pull her from the vehicle.
The officer said he was traveling at around 50 mph and assumed Hebert was traveling at a similar rate of speed.
"You're there, you're trained, so you might as well help," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lancaster man facing more charges in death of neighbor - 0
- Sources say Abigail Hernandez's kidnapper may be indicted Wednesday - 0
- K9 team heads to Pennsylvania to assist in accused cop-killer search - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief indicted on theft charge - 0
- Couple facing charges for 2 Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Nashua caretaker wants evidence suppressed in sexual assault case - 0
- Former coach from Nashua charged in sex assaults claims confession was involuntary - 0
- Manchester police: Ga. man stole truck in Mass. to visit mom in NH - 0
- South African Olympian Pistorius sentenced to five years in girlfriend's murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 5
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 1
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 1
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483