Home » News » Public Safety
Man injured in runaway RV in Epping back in hospital
"That doesn't bother me," Gregory Rollins said, referring to the thought of once again driving the RV that took him on a wild ride down a hill while he was asleep in the master bedroom.
Rollins was rushed to Exeter Hospital with injuries that included a lesion on his spleen immediately following last Saturday's incident at the MX 101 race track at New England Dragway. He was released from Exeter Hospital Wednesday, but said he still didn't feel right.
Rollins went home and sought additional care at a local hospital after he started "seeing things," he said. Rollins said he was sent to Brigham and Women's Hospital for further treatment.
Meanwhile, Rollins still can't shake the image of the RV flying more than 200 yards downhill with no driver at the wheel while he was stuck in the bed.
Rollins was alone in the 1997 Winnebago Adventurer owned by his friend and woke up as he was being tossed around after it began rolling when the brakes apparently let go. He began yelling for the driver to slow down, but quickly realized there was no driver after the motor home sailed over a jump and eventually dropped 12 feet onto the middle of the race track used for dirt bike races.
At 64, he's certainly had his share of life experiences, but said his ride in the runaway RV is one he won't soon forget.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
- Epping, Merrimack motorists hurt in Route 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Sunapee driver charged in Vermont couple's deaths - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072