Home » News » Public Safety
Man injured in runaway RV in Epping back in hospital
Gregory Rollins remained hospitalized Friday at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston after he was injured when the RV he was sleeping in began rolling down a hill in Epping last Saturday. (Courtesy WBZ-TV)
"That doesn't bother me," Gregory Rollins said, referring to the thought of once again driving the RV that took him on a wild ride down a hill while he was asleep in the master bedroom.
Rollins was rushed to Exeter Hospital with injuries that included a lesion on his spleen immediately following last Saturday's incident at the MX 101 race track at New England Dragway. He was released from Exeter Hospital Wednesday, but said he still didn't feel right.
Rollins went home and sought additional care at a local hospital after he started "seeing things," he said. Rollins said he was sent to Brigham and Women's Hospital for further treatment.
Meanwhile, Rollins still can't shake the image of the RV flying more than 200 yards downhill with no driver at the wheel while he was stuck in the bed.
Rollins was alone in the 1997 Winnebago Adventurer owned by his friend and woke up as he was being tossed around after it began rolling when the brakes apparently let go. He began yelling for the driver to slow down, but quickly realized there was no driver after the motor home sailed over a jump and eventually dropped 12 feet onto the middle of the race track used for dirt bike races.
At 64, he's certainly had his share of life experiences, but said his ride in the runaway RV is one he won't soon forget.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding