Home » News » Public Safety
Man injured in runaway RV in Epping back in hospital
Gregory Rollins remained hospitalized Friday at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston after he was injured when the RV he was sleeping in began rolling down a hill in Epping last Saturday. (Courtesy WBZ-TV)
"That doesn't bother me," Gregory Rollins said, referring to the thought of once again driving the RV that took him on a wild ride down a hill while he was asleep in the master bedroom.
Rollins was rushed to Exeter Hospital with injuries that included a lesion on his spleen immediately following last Saturday's incident at the MX 101 race track at New England Dragway. He was released from Exeter Hospital Wednesday, but said he still didn't feel right.
Rollins went home and sought additional care at a local hospital after he started "seeing things," he said. Rollins said he was sent to Brigham and Women's Hospital for further treatment.
Meanwhile, Rollins still can't shake the image of the RV flying more than 200 yards downhill with no driver at the wheel while he was stuck in the bed.
Rollins was alone in the 1997 Winnebago Adventurer owned by his friend and woke up as he was being tossed around after it began rolling when the brakes apparently let go. He began yelling for the driver to slow down, but quickly realized there was no driver after the motor home sailed over a jump and eventually dropped 12 feet onto the middle of the race track used for dirt bike races.
At 64, he's certainly had his share of life experiences, but said his ride in the runaway RV is one he won't soon forget.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
- Weare residents turn out to express police department concerns - 1
- Tamworth man struck, killed by UPS truck - 0
- Two boys rescued from Hood Pond - 1
- Woman killed in Nashua crash - 0
- Wednesday night Derry blaze under investigation - 0
- Gunfire from police range disturbs Plaistow neighbors - 1
- Cause of Ashland fire investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 0
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 0
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 0
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH