Queen City Football Jamboree
Trinity, Giampetruzzi look sharp
"We're looking good," Giampetruzzi said. "We're young on the line, but skill guys are what we're blessed with this year. We have to get better on defense. We only gave up six points, but we gave up too many yards."
Salem beat Souhegan 20-7 in the only matchup between first-year head coaches. Senior running back Jason Martinez, who will likely be Salem's top offensive threat, scored Salem's first touchdown on a 16-yard run.
Sophomore quarterback Mitch Coy threw two TD passes for the Crusaders.
"We made some big strides since earlier in the week when we scrimmaged Bedford," BG coach Travis Cote said. "This was a step in the right direction."
"I think we should be right there," Cote said. "I think we should be a team that's playing for a playoff berth."
"You better pay attention to Manny," Pinkerton coach Brian O'Reilly said. "When you have that kind of weapon you need to use it. I will use it. Trust me."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 1
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan