Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua deputy chief's leave may be ending
During the past two months, officials have not stated whether Howe's administrative leave is connected to an audit of the Nashua Police Relief Association being conducted by the Charitable Trusts Unit of the Attorney General's Office.
"We have no control over the investigation, or the timing of the investigation," he said.
"Just because we have been functioning with one (deputy) gone, doesn't mean it is the most efficient way to operate," said Seusing. "That is a very much needed position here."
"I couldn't disagree more," said Seusing. The current situation with one active deputy may be working for now, but it is not ideal, he said.
"They really are the CEOs that oversee the operations," said Pappas. "It is too much for one person to adequately oversee all of those operations."The police department never shuts down, he said, maintaining there is stress on any organization that operates around the clock.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax