Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua deputy chief's leave may be ending
During the past two months, officials have not stated whether Howe's administrative leave is connected to an audit of the Nashua Police Relief Association being conducted by the Charitable Trusts Unit of the Attorney General's Office.
"We have no control over the investigation, or the timing of the investigation," he said.
"Just because we have been functioning with one (deputy) gone, doesn't mean it is the most efficient way to operate," said Seusing. "That is a very much needed position here."
"I couldn't disagree more," said Seusing. The current situation with one active deputy may be working for now, but it is not ideal, he said.
"They really are the CEOs that oversee the operations," said Pappas. "It is too much for one person to adequately oversee all of those operations."The police department never shuts down, he said, maintaining there is stress on any organization that operates around the clock.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 3
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief