Garcia fires 64 to lead Deutsche Bank tourney
Garcia, only playing in the tournament because he risked missing the next cut in the FedExCup playoffs, eagled the 18th hole to complete an impressive seven-under-par round of 64, leaving him at 13-under for the tournament.
Stenson was immaculate as he recorded a bogey free eight-under par 63, a round matched only by England's Justin Rose, the U.S. Open champion who also avoided bogeys as he moved within four shots of the lead.
Soft greens again made for low scoring and Garcia was clearly happy to have pushed himself to play in the tournament in order to make sure he was in the third event in the playoffs.
"We decided to come here and make a little bit of an extra effort of playing obviously five weeks in a row, which I don't usually enjoy very much.
PGA Championship winner Jason Dufner put himself in the frame with a second round of 66 taking him to within three shots of the lead alongside fellow American Matt Kuchar.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester, Derry road races draw more than 3,600 trotters - 0
- Holiday road, trail races aplenty across NH - 0
- Wobble 'n' Gobble run set for Thanksgiving in Franconia - 0
- Wolfeboro Turkey Trot aids Lions Club, food pantries - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Communities reap economic benefits from road races - 0
- Road issues bring future Hampton marathons into question - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Time has come for NH road racing Hall of Fame - 0
- Andy Schachat's On The Run: How big are NH races going to get? - 0
- She runs as repayment - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use