Home » News » Public Safety
Maine couple perish in Barrington collision, local man seriously injured
According to State Police, John Shaw, 48, of Barrington, was traveling west on Route 202 when the 2002 Ford Ranger he was driving crossed the center line and struck a 2007 Ford Edge, traveling east driven by Joel McLain, 77.
McLain died at the scene, his passenger, Maxine McLain, 77, was transported to Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester, where she later died of her injuries.
Shaw, according to police, was ejected from his vehicle during the crash. He is being treated at Frisbie Memorial for serious injuries.
Sections of Route 202 between Route 9 and Route 126 were closed for about 4 hours as Troopers conducted an investigation and the vehicles were removed. The cause of the accident is yet undetermined, according to police.
Assisting the New Hampshire State Police at the scene were the New Hampshire State Police TAR Unit, Barrington Police Department and Barrington Fire Department.
This accident remains under investigation by Trooper Thomas Conlon. Anyone with information is asked to contact Trooper Conlon, NH State Police/Troop A at (603) 223-8490
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072