Home » News » Public Safety
Maine couple perish in Barrington collision, local man seriously injured
According to State Police, John Shaw, 48, of Barrington, was traveling west on Route 202 when the 2002 Ford Ranger he was driving crossed the center line and struck a 2007 Ford Edge, traveling east driven by Joel McLain, 77.
McLain died at the scene, his passenger, Maxine McLain, 77, was transported to Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester, where she later died of her injuries.
Shaw, according to police, was ejected from his vehicle during the crash. He is being treated at Frisbie Memorial for serious injuries.
Sections of Route 202 between Route 9 and Route 126 were closed for about 4 hours as Troopers conducted an investigation and the vehicles were removed. The cause of the accident is yet undetermined, according to police.
Assisting the New Hampshire State Police at the scene were the New Hampshire State Police TAR Unit, Barrington Police Department and Barrington Fire Department.
This accident remains under investigation by Trooper Thomas Conlon. Anyone with information is asked to contact Trooper Conlon, NH State Police/Troop A at (603) 223-8490
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Boy out walking hit, injured by Jeep in Newton - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: A.J. Pierzynski OK with Red Sox - 0
- Nashua aldermanic committee votes to help soup kitchen - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072