Home » News » Public Safety
Maine couple perish in Barrington collision, local man seriously injured
According to State Police, John Shaw, 48, of Barrington, was traveling west on Route 202 when the 2002 Ford Ranger he was driving crossed the center line and struck a 2007 Ford Edge, traveling east driven by Joel McLain, 77.
McLain died at the scene, his passenger, Maxine McLain, 77, was transported to Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester, where she later died of her injuries.
Shaw, according to police, was ejected from his vehicle during the crash. He is being treated at Frisbie Memorial for serious injuries.
Sections of Route 202 between Route 9 and Route 126 were closed for about 4 hours as Troopers conducted an investigation and the vehicles were removed. The cause of the accident is yet undetermined, according to police.
Assisting the New Hampshire State Police at the scene were the New Hampshire State Police TAR Unit, Barrington Police Department and Barrington Fire Department.
This accident remains under investigation by Trooper Thomas Conlon. Anyone with information is asked to contact Trooper Conlon, NH State Police/Troop A at (603) 223-8490
READER COMMENTS: 0
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations - 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 1
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 1
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police search for bank robber - 0
- Police investigating possible stabbing of man, 22, on Lake Avenue - 0
- As city health costs soar, ‘wellness’ post pushed in Manchester - 9
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents