Forecasters warn of heavy rain and potential flooding; lightning injures two in NH
A lightning strike at a campground in Tamworth resulted in injuries to two people who required hospital treatment.
The National Weather Service cautioned that flooding is possible across a large section of New Hampshire.
Included in weather advisories were Merrimack, Belknap, Sullivan and Strafford counties; interior and coastal Rockingham county and northern and southern portions of Coos, Grafton, and Carroll counties.
A stormy weather system moved into parts of the state Sunday, bringing scattered heavy thunderstorms with downpours which forecasters said created the potential for flooding.
The National Weather Service said rounds of scattered showers and thunderstorms including heavy rainfall were likely into Monday.
Meteorologists said the weather system stalled over northern New England and could be expected to produce slow-moving showers and thunderstorms with high rainfall amounts.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester extends snow emergency; pedestrian injured when hit by plow - 1
- Seacoast digs out from more than a foot of snow - 0
- Snowfall totals in NH vary from 7 inches to more than a foot. - 0
- Manchester police say no major snow-related problems - 2
- Winter storm brings a foot of snow to most of NH - 0
- Slow down NH, and smell the snowplows - 4
- Keep it simple and be prepared for winter storm driving in NH - 0
- Storm packing heavy snow bears down on U.S. Midwest, Northeast - 0
- Manchester declares snow emergency for Saturday night - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan